Want to join and grow with an expanding green energy conscious company? Our mission is to create a more sustainable environment for future generations. We do this by providing a wide range of cost-saving measures and energy saving solutions. We are fully accredited by the Building Performance Institute (BPI), a residential energy services network which ensures the highest quality of work.
At MT Weatherization, we welcome individuals that thrive in a team environment while encouraging independent thinking and continuous process improvement. Our Energy Auditor and Crew Leader positions are expected to work Monday through Friday.
Building Inspector/Energy Auditor
• Energy Audit at the client’s home according to detailed format which includes entering attics, basements, crawl spaces, and assessing HVAC systems
• Performing various technical tests: blower door, pressure, heating system efficiency etc.
• Assessing and documenting the condition of the thermal envelope.
• Educating the client whenever possible to obtain energy savings.
• Determine areas of possible health and safety dangers.
• Installing some energy savings measures such as LED bulbs, efficient flow aerators, efficient flow showerheads, tank wrap
• Valid drivers’ license.
• Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in energy auditing or related field
• Strong technical/analytical ability and organizational skills
• Knowledge of residential building construction and practices, along with the ability to perform and produce detailed energy surveys is preferred
• Excellent customer interface required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Possess BPI Energy Auditor Certification
Field Supervisor/Crew Leader
• Background in the construction industry/contracting is a plus. Strong consideration given to candidates with two years of demonstrated experience in a field related to construction, building science, weatherization
• Prepare summary audit reports which clearly and effectively communicate building conditions and energy-saving opportunities
• Work with other team members to ensure a quality install
• Perform select retrofit measures such as air-sealing and insulation of the building shell, installation of energy-efficient lighting and water-saving measures
• Help maintain detailed client files
• Maintain strong ongoing communication with field team, office staff, and clients
• Prefer active BPI Energy Auditor or Building Analyst certification. In select cases, we will fund BPI certification for candidates who otherwise have the right skills and industry background.
• Current and valid driver’s license with a clean driving record Personal transportation required.
• Ability to drive commercial vehicles such as work van and/or box truck
• Clean record with ability to pass various background checks
• Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend solutions
The work we do is performed both indoors and outdoors in all types of weather. The work may involve climbing ladders, working in confined attics, crawl spaces, and basements, or working in homes of deteriorating condition. Employees must be able to work in these conditions in residential and multi-family environments.
Job Type: Full-time
Here’s how you can apply!
Email Dave Hanes, Vice President at Tenny Group, your resume and which job you would like to apply for – firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional questions or more information about these positions, call 717.525.9665